Well, I thought I'd give you an update on Brad's new job. He started working his normal shift this week, so no more 8-5. He starts his week on Sunday and works from 7am to 7pm. One week he'll work 3 days and the following week he'll work 4 days. He gets one Sunday off and works one Saturday a month. I'm still adjusting to him coming home about 8 every night. We've been having some late dinners this week! It'll be nice to have him home with me the days he has off and it'll make up for those early 5am mornings and 12+ hour days. He's been learning a ton and each day feeling more confident on his own! The people he works with are great and young just like Brad, most of them are married with very small children (one has a 5 month old and one has a 3 year old).
Not much going on around our house. We haven't had anyone look at our house yet, which is a big bummer since we're now antsy to get it sold. We're ready for newer and bigger. We've had a great winter so far, not too much snow, which is a huge blessing. I told Brad the other day I think God is smiling on us and blessing us with such a mild winter to make the drive easier on Brad to Grand Rapids with his new job. It makes the drive and adjustment that much smoother. We can't thank God enough for that blessing!
We just recently experienced Brad's best friend's Mom's (and my friend) passing. She was diagnosed with liver cancer in November and was told she had 2 weeks to live. She lived longer than predicted, however God called her home on January 12. We had spent the day with his friend on Saturday, for the burial, visitation and memorial service. Please pray our friend will find strength each day without his Mom. He does not have a father he knows and does not have any siblings. Brad and I are family to him and we love our friend, please pray for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment